- RRMX-1...Face Plate: 12 GA C.R.S. perforated face with 5/32" diameter holes on 7/32" staggered centers, includes profile lip for "hug tight" wall fit
- RRMX-2 with Secondary Face Plate: 14 GA C.R.S. mated and spot welded to 12 GA face plate (see above) for overall 3/16" thickness steel face plate
- Sleeve: 12 GA steel sleeve and face flange with continuous welds to face plate (specify length)
- Locking Angles: Two pieces 1" x 1" x 3/16" (shipped loose for field installation)
- Tamperproof Screws: 1/4" - 20 x 1/2" pinned flat head torx
- Standard: White Powder Coat Finish
- Optional: Rust Inhibiting Prime Coat. Consult factory for other finishes
- Material Gauges: sleeve - 10 GA
locking angle - 1/8", 1/4"
- Material: Stainless Steel, Aluminum, or Galvanized (consult factory for availability)
- Wire Screen: stainless steel (16-16 mesh) spot welded behind face plate or secondary face plate for enhanced risk reduction
- Security Bars: 1/2" x 1" flat steel (max 6" ctrs)
(other sizes available)
- Opposed Blade Damper: front or rear operated
- Anchoring Studs: Nelson-Type for poured concrete/brick wall applications
- Locking Angle Frame: 1" x 1" x 3/16" welded one piece steel angle (shipped loose for field installation). Other sizes available - consult factory.
- Tamperproof Screws: Consult factory for specific product applications
- Adapter: square to round (shipped loose)
The steel face plate is formed with a 1/2" profile lip and attached with countersunk screws to fit "hug tight" against the installed surface. The secondary face plate is mated and spot welded to the front plate (RRMX-2) to provide additional rigidity. Options include a mesh screen for additional protection, locking angles, security bars or an opposed blade damper.
The RRMX-1 and RRMX-2 are installed in risk resistant ceiling and sidewall applications to be built into a wall (either poured concrete or concrete block) during construction, in order for the unit to become an integral part of the wall. The locking angles (or optional locking frame) are field welded to the sleeve on the opposite side of the wall preventing removal of the RRMX grille.