- Face Plate: 3/16" thick steel perforated face with
1/4" diameter holes on 3/8" staggered centers
- Sleeve: 12 GA steel sleeve with continuous welds to face plate (specify length)
Round sleeve: 12 GA max.
- Locking Angles: Two pieces 1" x 1" x 3/16" (shipped loose for field installation)
- Standard: White Powder Coat Finish
- Optional: Rust Inhibiting Prime Coat. Consult factory for other finishes
- Material Gauges: face plate - 10 GA - 12 GA
sleeve - 3/16", 10 GA
locking angle - 1/8", 1/4"
- Material: Stainless Steel, Aluminum, or Galvanized (consult factory for availability)
- Security Bars: 1/2" x 1" flat steel (max 6" ctrs)
(other sizes available)
- Opposed Blade Damper: front or rear operated
- Anchoring Studs: Nelson-Type for poured concrete/brick wall applications
- Locking Angle Frame: 1" x 1" x 3/16" welded one piece steel angle (shipped loose for field installation). Other sizes available - consult factory.
- Face Plate Patterns:
- 9/16" square holes on 11/16" centers
- 13/16" square holes on 1" centers
- 1" x 1/4" rectangular holes with 1/16" fret
- 5/16" diameter holes on 7/16" staggered centers
- Adapter: square to round (shipped loose)
The steel face plate is continuously welded to the steel sleeve. The locking angles (or optional locking frame) are shipped loose for field installation. Optional steel security bars are welded behind the face plate on maximum 6" centers. The optional damper is welded inside the sleeve and operated from the front or back side of the unit. Optional anchoring studs replace locking angle or locking frame.
The ASSG is designed to be built into a wall (either poured concrete or concrete block) during construction in order for the unit to become an integral part of the wall. The locking angles (or optional locking frame) are field welded to the sleeve on the opposite side of the wall preventing removal of the ASSG grille. See Installation Overview.